I love a good hack and I have wanted to share with you 10 wellness hacks I began practicing recently. My anxiety has reared its ugly head with a vengeance during the last year [thanks to lockdown], and I have been in need of some all round healthy self care strategies. Which, I totally believe have contributed to my general wellness very positively.
1. Manifesting | When you wake up, before checking your phone in the morning or last thing at night try a little cheeky manifesting routine. Mindfully visualise or even say out loud to yourself up to three things you want or need to accomplish that day/night and tell yourself you will complete them. It might feel funny at first, but I have to say after trying it out for myself I have really got into practicing it. For my first experience, I Manifested a restful nights sleep. Considering I have been experiencing 8 years of sleep deprivation it was a no brainer.
Using my Salute aroma therapy oil, I applied the oil onto my wrists and temples. I inhaled the wonderful aromas and connected the smells in my thoughts with how I would feel as a result of a good nights sleep. I can hand on heart say I had the best nights sleep I can remember for a long time. And, when I woke up for the school run, I felt very rested and really relaxed. Take a peek at the Salute oil and much more click here. Take advantage of my unique discount code AMAMANISTA10 if you fancy trying it out for yourself.
Manifest your wellness goals
2. Avoid negative overthinking using the five by five rule | A good friend of mine gave me this genuinely simple yet super effective bit of advice…… If it’s not going to matter in five years, don’t spend more than five minutes being upset about it. A gentle reminder to not overthink many of those superficial situations that are usually put upon you from other peoples agendas, dramas and problems. It’s super freeing mentally and emotionally.
Which leads on to my next hack…….
3. Protect your energies | Limit your time and energy with people in your life who tend to be draining. I have invested way too much of my own personal time and energy doing just this. Which, usually impacted on my precious children’s time in the long run, #mumgulit! The sooner you feel comfortable with this, the sooner you’ll feel lighter and have more headspace for positivity and for people that lift you up, rather than drag you down. It’s also super important for all parents and carers to be a positive role model for their kids. Therefore, practicing what you preach and also protect your families energies. I personally try and teach my children to not be afraid to use the word ‘NO’ if and when they may find themselves in any situation they feel is wrong or makes them feel uncomfortable.
4. Positive Mantras | Keep positive reminders and mantras at home, in your bag, in the car, in the note section of your phone, anywhere you can find them when you could do with a pick me up. For some pin-able inspirational quotes click here.
Positivity for Wellness
5. Celebrate big and small wins in your life | Remind yourself to live in the moment and acknowledge your accomplishments.
6 • Be mindful of green flags | Look for all the green flags in your life and the people you surround yourself with. It’s easier to point out red flags and things that bother you, but a positive mindset and actively become aware of the good signs and habits in your life.
Organise your way into wellness
7. Organise your way into wellness | Prep your meals or write a 7 day meal plan for the week ahead on a Sunday evening. You’ll wake up on Monday feeling productive. And, it will make your week run so much smoother.
8. Organise your supplements | Keep all your daily supplements in one place so each morning you can take them without forgetting, since they are in one convenient area of the house.
9. Keep hydrated | Get a reusable water bottle to track how much water you have consumed each day. I find it gives me a sense of achievement knowing I’ve done one really important thing for my body each day. Small wins really do make a major difference in your overall mood and self-confidence.
Do you have any wellness hacks I haven’t mentioned?
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts!